State Farm is the largest insurance company in the US, according to recent market share data from the Insurance Information Institute (III). What started as just an auto insurance provider in 1922 has grown into a company with a plentiful amount of products and services, as well as a vast network of agents. State Farm is based in Bloomington, Illinois and provides coverage to more than 80 million people in all 50 states.
This guide will explain everything you need to know about State Farm. We’ll go over essential company information, including the states it operates in, its total number of agents, and customer satisfaction ratings. You’ll also learn about the various types of insurance State Farm offers. This includes key information about specific coverages, discounts, and more.
- Competitive rates
- Large agent network
- Excellent customer satisfaction ratings
- Offers a wide variety of insurance
- Well-established and stable company
- Lots of discount opportunities, especially for auto insurance
- Doesn’t offer gap insurance
- Few homeowners endorsements and add-ons
State Farm Auto Insurance
State Farm is the largest car insurance company in the country, according to the III. It owns the most market share and has written the most premiums out of all other companies. J.D. Power ranks State Farm as the overall best large insurer in the nation with a customer satisfaction score of 885 out of 1,000. According to our research, State Farm is the best car insurance company in the country.
Auto Insurance Coverages
With State Farm, you can get all the standard auto insurance products. These include the three you need for full coverage: liability, collision, and comprehensive insurance. State Farm also protects people with more specialized needs, providing services for rideshare drivers and classic car owners.
State Farm’s complete list of coverage options include the following:
- Liability insurance. Covers damages and injuries you cause in an accident. Liability coverage is what most states require, at minimum.
- Collision insurance. This covers damages to your car in an accident, regardless of fault. It’s also part of full coverage.
- Comprehensive insurance. Protects you from damages that “acts of God,” such as weather, fire damage, or crime, cause. Comprehensive is part of full coverage.
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist (UM and UIM) coverage. Pays for costs that a driver with no or too little coverage causes in an accident.
- Car rental and travel expenses coverage. Pays for a rental car while your vehicle goes through repairs. It also pays for any travel expenses, such as a hotel and food, if you get into an accident more than 50 miles from home.
- Personal injury protection (PIP). Covers you and your passengers’ injury costs no matter who caused the accident.
- Medical payments (MedPay) coverage. Like PIP, MedPay pays for any medical or funeral costs after an accident, regardless of fault.
- Rideshare driver coverage. This protects you if you drive for rideshare companies, such as Uber or Lyft, where your regular insurance wouldn’t cover you otherwise.
- Classic car coverage. This protects your classic or collector car if you need to take it out for a spin. It’ll pay for any necessary repairs up to your coverage limits.
On the other hand, State Farm doesn’t offer gap insurance. If you buy an auto policy from the insurer, you’ll have to look elsewhere for gap coverage.
State Farm Roadside Assistance
State Farm provides emergency roadside assistance to its customers. They refer to this as their emergency road service coverage. This coverage can help you with the following:
- Fuel delivery
- One-hour locksmith service
- One-hour mechanical labor
You can use State Farm’s emergency roadside service whether you’re an existing policyholder or not. If you have emergency roadside service on your policy, your insurance ID card will read “Coverage H.” When you don’t have a policy, you’ll need to pay for the services out of pocket.
How to Contact State Farm’s Roadside Assistance
If you’re stranded and need emergency roadside service, you have a few options. Here’s how you can easily contact the service when you need help:
- Call the State Farm roadside assistance phone number, (877) 627-5757
- Start an emergency roadside service request on the State Farm website
- Request roadside assistance via the State Farm mobile app
Driving in Mexico or Canada
State Farm doesn’t sell car insurance in Canada or Mexico. But for many, their policy will cover them in the Great White North. This isn’t the same as having a Canadian policy. If you get into an accident, your insurance may not protect you completely.
The situation is even worse in Mexico. If you plan on driving very far south of the border, you’ll want to buy a Mexican policy. A liability policy if nothing else. If in doubt, talk to your agent about coverage options before driving across the border.
Umbrella insurance isn’t something most people think about adding to their auto policy. But with today’s sky-high medical and new car costs, your regular car insurance limits might not be enough. If not, you’re paying whatever’s left out of pocket. Luckily, an umbrella policy is inexpensive for the extra peace of mind.
Auto Insurance Term Length
State Farm offers six- or 12-month policies. Many people love the flexibility of a six-month policy. Others prefer locking in a rate for 12 months, knowing it’ll go up after six. Short-term or temporary car insurance policies aren’t an option.
High-Risk Auto Insurance
State Farm offers high-risk coverage to drivers. Based on our findings, the insurer is the second-best for those with a bad driving record. These are people with violations like DUIs and speeding tickets. Poor credit or a lapse in coverage can also put you in the high-risk driver category. If this describes you, you won’t be turned away. They can even assist in filing an SR-22. But it won’t be cheap. High-risk insurance never is.
Cars with Salvage or Rebuilt Titles
State Farm insures cars with state-assigned rebuilt titles. Vehicles with rebuilt titles are former salvages declared a total loss by an insurer. Salvaged cars aren’t safe to drive and are just about impossible to insure. But you can insure a vehicle with a rebuilt title.
To get a rebuilt title, the vehicle must pass several safety tests and inspections before the state declares it roadworthy. Once you get this certification, State Farm will probably cover it.
Most national insurance companies, including State Farm, cover rebuilds. You should also expect to pay as much as 20% more for rebuilt title insurance. However, a rebuilt title vehicle’s value is 20% to 40% less than a similar vehicle with a clean title. That’s going to help keep any rate increase to a minimum. Also, obtaining full coverage on a rebuilt title may be difficult because of the car’s accident history and overall value.
How to Get a State Farm Quote
If you’re considering State Farm, you’ll need to get a quote. There are three easy ways to get one:
- By visiting StateFarm.com and completing the form on the home page
- Calling (800) 782-8332
- Contacting an agent
When you get a quote from State Farm, you’ll need to provide some personal info. It may seem like a lot at first. However, all of the information you give is necessary to receive a fair and accurate price. Here’s what you may need to provide:
- Your name
- Your home address and ZIP code
- Marital status
- Phone number
- Email address
- Driver’s license number of each driver you want to insure
- Desired coverage and limits
- Make, model, and VIN of each car you want to insure
- If there have been any tickets or accidents on your driving record, especially in the last five years
Note: if you get a quote online, the rate you see may not end up being final. In most cases, a representative will reach out to you by phone or email to finalize it.
Get the coverage you need for the best price
Find better coverage, lower rates, or both by comparing quotes with our fast, easy-to-use form.
State Farm Auto Rates
Everyone pays a different amount for insurance. This is because insurers consider a wide range of factors when they’re determining your rates. State Farm, like other carriers, considers several rate factors before setting your premium. Below are the most common:
- Driving record
- Car mileage
- The car you drive
- Where you live
- Credit history
Note that these aren’t all of the factors that State Farm may consider. These are just some of the most well-known.
State Farm Auto Discounts
State Farm offers a robust selection of discounts. Our study on the best car insurance companies for discounts ranks State Farm third-best. Discounts are a great way to save a ton of money each month. While this company already has competitive rates, it provides numerous ways to knock a significant percentage off your premiums.
Note: None of these discounts are available in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
Below is a complete list of the State Farm’s auto discounts
Driving History and Habit Discounts
Accident/Conviction Record Rating Plan Discount
This is the Michigan version of the Accident-Free discount. The requirements for this are the same as the Accident-Free discount. You must insure your car with State Farm for at least three years and have no at-fault accidents.
You can qualify after three continuous accident and claim-free years with State Farm. A version of the accident-free discount is widely available all around the country.
Not available in CA, MA, OH, RI, and TX.
Drive Safe & Save Discount
This discount is for holders of auto insurance policies that drive safely. Your driving record doesn’t even come into play here. All you need to do is download the Drive Safe & Save mobile app to your phone to begin. Most people will begin saving 5% immediately.
Drive Safe and Save is Liberty Mutual’s usage-based telematics program. Once you activate the app, it records how you drive. This includes starts, stops, and speed. Safe drivers will see their savings grow up to 30% if they keep up with their safe habits.
Available everywhere except CA, MA, and RI.
Steer Clear Safe Driver Discount
To qualify for this safe driving discount, all assigned drivers on a policy under age 25 must meet these requirements:
- No at-fault accidents or moving violations within the last three years
- Completed the Steer Clear Program, which includes watching videos and installing an app on your phone that records your trips and gives you a score. This score could help lower your rates by a huge margin if you practice safe driving.
Available in every state but CA, HI, MA, RI, and NC.
Defensive Driving Course Discounts
Everybody wins when you avoid accidents. You, your passengers, and State Farm all stand to gain when you stay out of the hospital and your car stays out of the shop.
This discount is offered in many states. The name may change, some states see better savings, and the requirements vary slightly. But all these discounts share a similar theme: State Farm rewards customers if they take accident prevention and defensive driving courses.
The savings ranges from 5 to 15%. But one caveat is that you can only apply one driver training discount per vehicle. There are other rules and limitations, which we’ll detail and explain below.
These are the common requirements in each state for accident prevention discounts:
- You’re the car’s main driver
- The main driver is at least 55 years of age (60 in Ohio and Connecticut)
- You’ve voluntarily completed an accident prevention or defensive driving course within the last three years (two years in Washington state and D.C.) approved by the state DMV, DOT, National Safety Council, AAA, AARP, or some other state-approved and certified entity
- You must show documents proving successful completion of the defensive driving course
- No chargeable accidents on your record for the last three years
Depending on which state you live in, a single moving violation or accident may get this discount removed.
After three years, you must retake the defensive driving course to continue enjoying the savings from this discount. Here are the types of courses that qualify:
- Accident Prevention – Maryland
- Accident Prevention Course – New York
- California Good Driver – California
- Defensive Driving Course – you can get a version of this discount in most states
- Driver Education Course – Colorado
- Driver Improvement Course – Pennsylvania
- Driver Training – only available in 23 states
- Good Driving – all states but CA, IL, IN, MA, MO, NH, NJ, and RI
- Inexperienced Driver Safety Education – California
- Mature Driver Improvement Course – California
- Motorcycle Education Course – Hawaii
- Motorcycle Training Course – Oregon and Tennessee
- Traffic Mitigation – Delaware
Driver Affiliations Discounts
People working in select professions may receive a discount. Certain organizations and companies partner with insurers to offer savings for their employees or affiliates.
Military Personnel Discount
There’s a military car insurance discount for policyholders in Louisiana meeting any one of these requirements:
- Active duty and based in Louisiana
- While you’re deployed, your spouse or dependents reside in Louisiana
- Your spouse meets the above criteria
- Your guardian meets the above criteria, and your age is less than 18. Unmarried full-time student dependents qualify until the age of 24
State Farm Customer Loyalty Discounts
Loyal customers receive rich savings. Remain a loyal customer for about three years and/or have multiple cars, a home, or other things to insure under one policy, and you may get a discount.
Homeownership Discount Multiple Car Discount
Florida homeowners can get a discount on their motorcycle and car insurance for owning a house. The exact amount of savings can vary. Be sure to ask your agent about how much you can expect save.
Indiana Loyal Customer Discount
Indiana drivers can get a loyalty discount for staying with State Farm for an extended period of time.
California Loyalty Discount
California drivers who keep their policy with State Farm for three or more years can get a loyalty discount that increases each year for six years. After this, your savings will top out.
Multiple Automobiles/Car Discount
This is State Farm’s multi-car discount. It’s for drivers that insure more than one vehicle with them. This discount alone can save you as much as 20%.
You may qualify if you meet the following requirements:
- Your policy includes two or more cars driven mostly by people living with you
- A State Farm policy covers each car
- The car’s owners must be related by marriage, blood, or adoption. Alternatively, two named insured on the policy jointly own the car
You can get this everywhere but MA, NC, and RI.
Multiple Coverage Factor Discount
This is a version of the multi-car discount that’s only available in Nevada and Virginia. This discount applies when the named insured, their spouse, or relatives own more than one car covered by a State Farm car insurance policy.
Multiple Line Discount – State Farm Insurance Bundling
This is insurance bundling under a different name. This discount provides huge savings for drivers that bundle auto with their home, condo, renters, or life insurance policies. What’s great about this discount, despite the savings, is the easy qualification. Because of how much you can save and its availability, we ranked State Farm as having the best car and home insurance bundle out of all other insurers.
You can get this in every state but IN, MA, and RI.
Personal Injury Protection Additional Cars Discount
New Jersey residents who own more than one vehicle and are designated driver of each may qualify for a discount. Only one licensed driver per household can get this discount. It applies to both standard and/or non-standard rating plans.
Texas drivers can get a discount after three years with State Farm unless they accumulate points on their driving record under the Texas Driving Insurance Plan. Saving can increase over time if coverage continues without any traffic violations.
State Farm Senior Discounts
Age 65 and Over Discount
New Jersey residents can claim senior discount when they are over the age of 65 and the principal driver of a car.
Kentucky Senior Discount
Available to Kentucky drivers who are 65 and over and if no assigned drivers under 25 appear on the policy. This discount reduces PIP premiums.
Good Student Discount
This ever-popular good student discount is for families with students under 25 in high school or college that get good grades. You can qualify for these savings if your student achieves one of the following:
- Upper 20% of their class
- B average or higher
- Grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher
- Dean’s List or Honor Roll
Drivers with AA and BA degrees meeting the above requirements may also qualify. Home schooled or home study students can also grab this discount by taking standardized national tests within the last 12 months and ranking in the upper 20%.
Proof of eligibility is required before applying this discount.
Note: available in every state but HI, MA, NC, OH, and RI.
Student Away Discount
The student away discount is for families with students under 25 who live at a school over 100 miles away from home. The car must remain at home during the school term. However, the student may drive it when they return for holidays or breaks.
Available everywhere but HI, IN, MA, NC, and RI.
Vehicle Safety Discounts
Vehicle safety discounts provide savings based on your car’s safety equipment. Cars with modern safety devices may qualify for any of the following discounts:
- Air Bag Discount – only in North Carolina
- Anti-Lock Brake Discount – Florida and New York
- Anti-Theft Device Discount – FL, IL, KY, LA, MI, MN, NJ, NM, NY, PA, and TX
- Automobile Safety Belts Discount – only in Michigan
- Daytime Running Lights Discount – only in New York
- Passive Restraint Discount – everywhere but AR, CA, IL, LA, MA, NC, OH, RI
Vehicle Safety Discount
If the model year of your car is no older than 1998, then you qualify. Newer cars are safer and if anyone knows that, it’s insurance companies. The vehicle safety discount is offered to encourage drivers to keep up with the newest safety tech. If you don’t crash, everyone saves money and insurers will reward you.
The savings kicks in for New Jersey drivers beginning with model year 1998 and 1999 for Texas drivers.
Filing an Auto Insurance Claim
State Farm makes it easy to file a claim. In fact, we found that the company has the easiest filing process in the country. To file, you’ll need to go on their website or mobile app. Then, you can select “Auto and Motorcycle” to begin your claim. Before doing so, you’ll need to provide the following:
- The date and time of the car accident
- Which cars were part of the collision
- Where the accident occurred
- An account of what happened
- A thorough description of the extent of the damages
State Farm is the biggest, most well-recognized, and highly rated auto insurance company in the United States. State Farm’s popularity is no surprise, considering its extensive coverage options, numerous discounts, and famously low rates. It’s also easy to find a local agent, with over 19,000 available nationwide. Filing claims is also a straightforward and painless process. For these reasons and more, State Farm is one of the best options for car insurance.
State Farm Homeowners Insurance
State Farm is the largest home insurance company in the country by market share. It’s also one of the top-rated insurers for customer satisfaction and overall quality. In 2021, J.D. Power scored State Farm 835 out of 1,000 on its home insurance customer satisfaction study. This was good for fourth in the country. S&P Global also gave it an impressive AA rating.
State Farm Homeowners Coverages
State Farm offers the standard coverages that you’d expect for a home insurance policy. Below are the types of homeowners insurance coverage available:
- Dwelling coverage. Protects the physical structure of your home and other buildings on your property.
- Personal liability coverage. Covers any expenses that you or other household members cause. This includes pets.
- Personal belongings coverage. This pays for or replaces belongings that a covered peril destroys.
- Additional living expenses coverage. Pays for hotel fees, restaurant bills, or any other necessary living expenses while your home is unlivable.
- Medical payments. This covers anyone outside the household who sustains injuries on your property.
State farm also provides a sizeable number of homeowners insurance discounts. Unlike with auto insurance, there aren’t nearly as many discounts available for homeowners. Still, they’re a great way to lower your rates and save money. State Farm offers the following homeowners discounts:
Bundling Your Insurance
State Farm allows you to bundle your home insurance with other types, like auto, to get a discount. You might also see this called the multi-line discount. All you need to do is buy your home, auto, or any other insurance types from State Farm.
Keep in mind that you can’t bundle pet or health insurance with home for a discount. Be sure to ask your agent about any other types of insurance you can or can’t bundle.
A discount is waiting for you if you install a security system at your house. Types of security systems listed are:
- Fire and smoke alarms
- Anti-burglar alarms
- Other systems in place to look after your home
You can get a discount on your homeowners rates if your roof is made of impact-resistant materials. This includes “class 4” or hail resistant shingles. Before installing a new roof, be sure to speak with your agent to see which materials will give you a discount on your homeowners rates.
If your roof is a total loss, it will be repaired at replacement cost. To take advantage of any discounts for your roof, you’ll need to fill out a form making you eligible for a reduction in your premiums.
Setting a Higher Deductible
Setting your home insurance deductible higher will lower your rates. This is a good way to pay less each month for homeowners insurance. But be aware that doing so puts you on the hook for a lot more money if you need to file a claim. Only set a high deductible if you’re able to pay the amount.
Home insurance endorsements allow you to add extra coverage to your policy. They help to fill in any coverage gaps. State Farm offers many endorsements or policy riders, including:
- Inflation guard. Increases your coverage limits to keep up with rising construction costs due to inflation.
- Scheduled personal property. Raises coverage limits for certain valuable objects, such as jewelry, art, collectibles, etc.
- Water backup. Covers water damage to your home from sewer or sump pump backups.
- Identity theft. Protects you from any costs relating to identity theft.
There may be other types of endorsements or extra coverage that aren’t listed here. Be sure to ask your agent about other types of endorsements that the company offers. You can also choose to buy an umbrella policy to further protect yourself from expensive liability claims.
Homeowners Rate Factors
State Farm, like other insures, determines your rates based on a number of factors. These factors are often in your control. However, they can also be out of your hands. Here are common home insurance rate factors:
- Replacement cost vs. actual cash value (ACV). This is how your insurer reimburses you for damages. Choosing replacement cost will mean higher rates, while picking the ACV will mean lower rates.
- Home value. A more valuable home with expensive features will likely result in higher rates. This is because it’ll be more costly to repair or replace.
- Where you live. Living in an area that’s at risk for crime or disastrous weather, such as hail or hurricanes, could mean higher rates.
- Credit score. Your credit history is a common rate factor. A low credit score likely means you’ll pay more for insurance each month.
- Type of policy. When you buy home insurance, you’ll have to choose a type of policy. Choosing one with more features will result in more expensive premiums.
Note: these may not be the only rate factors used, but they’re some of the most common.
Filing a Homeowners Insurance Claim
Filing a home insurance claim is fairly easy. You can file a claim either on State Farm’s website or mobile app. When you file a homeowners claim, you’ll need to provide specific information. Here’s a list what you’ll need:
- Date and time of the accident or disaster
- Location of the accident
- Property that was part of the accident
- Policyholder contact info
- What caused the damages
- Details regarding any injuries that may have occurred
After providing the above information, you should be able to complete filing your claim. Once you do, State Farm should respond promptly and work to settle your claim.
State Farm offers a highly rated and well-rounded homeowners insurance product. It has all of the basic coverage types necessary to protect your home. You’ll save plenty of money with State Farm’s home insurance discounts, such as bundling or installing a security system. Adding endorsements to provide extra coverage is also available with several options. Overall, State Farm offers everything most people need in a homeowners insurance provider.
State Farm Renters Insurance
Renters insurance gives you personal liability protection and covers your belongings. Technically, renters insurance is a form of homeowners. The difference between the two is that renters insurance doesn’t cover the physical structure of a house. State Farm ranks highly for its home and renters insurance programs. A.M. Best gave it an A++ grade, the highest possible score, for overall quality.
State Farm provides all of the basic coverages that typically come with renters insurance. This includes:
- Personal liability coverage. Covers any liability expenses that members of your household cause.
- Personal belongings coverage. Pays for or replaces any items a covered peril destroys.
- Additional living expenses. This covers any necessary living expenses if your rental unit is uninhabitable due to a covered peril.
Renters insurance is already cheap. But you can pay even less with discounts! State Farm discounts are fairly easy to qualify for. Here’s a list State Farm renters insurance discounts:
- Multi-line (bundling). By bundling other types of coverage, like auto, with your renters insurance, you can get a massive discount.
- Setting a high deductible. Having a higher deductible will result in lower rates. Only raise your deductible if you can afford to pay it in the event of a disaster.
- Home security. You can get a discount for installing a home security system. These include things like smoke and burglar alarms. Be sure to ask your agent about what types of security features qualify you for a discount.
State Farm offers various ways to add extra renters insurance coverage. This includes endorsements and other coverage options. This all helps to fill coverage gaps in your policy. Here are additional coverage options:
- Identity restoration. Losing your identity is a stressful experience. This coverage can help pay for any costs an identity theft causes.
- Scheduled personal property. Own valuable or expensive items? This coverage will raise limits on specific items such as jewelry, art, antiques, etc.
- Earthquake damage. Renters policies normally don’t include earthquake coverage. This will cover any damages to your belongings from an earthquake.
- Additional business property. Covers any business property in your rental unit.
- Incidental business liability. Protects you from liability costs if you bring people to your rental unit for business reasons.
Renters Rate Factors
Like any other insurer, State Farm sets your rates based on several different factors. These factors are small details about you that indicate your risk as a customer and renter. Below are examples of renters insurance rate factors:
- Where you live
- How much coverage you buy
- How high or low you set your deductible
- Claim history
- Credit history (only in states that allow it)
Filing a Renters Insurance Claim
Filing a renters insurance claim is straightforward. You can file a claim on State Farm’s website or mobile app. You’ll need some key information to file your claim:
- When the accident happened (date and time)
- You or the policyholder’s contact info
- What property was involved
- What caused the damages
- Injury info
- Accident location
State Farm offers everything you’d want in a renters insurance policy. It has all the coverage a tenant needs and is inexpensive. State Farm also makes it easy to save with a ton of discounts. Filing claims and finding agents is an easy task on the website or via the State Farm mobile app. State Farm is a complete option for your renters insurance needs.
State Farm Company Information
As mentioned, State Farm is the largest property and casualty insurer in the nation. In 2021, the company held a market share percentage of 8.82%, per a report from the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC). In the same year, the provider wrote over 70 billion direct property/casualty insurance premiums.
If want one, you shouldn’t have any problem finding an insurance agent. State Farm features an extensive network of agents, with about 19,200 of them in 2021.
Here is some more company info:
- Revenue: $82.224 billion
- Number of employees: over 53,000
- CEO: Michael Tipsord
- Headquarters: Bloomington, IL
State Farm was founded in 1922 by a retired farmer named George J. Mecherle. He started it as an auto insurance company for farmers and intended it to be owned by its policyholders. Eventually, the company grew and added more types of insurance, including homeowners, life, and even banking and investment services. Today, there are over 100 products in its portfolio available to customers.
State Farm adopted its trademark logo with three connected ovals in the 40s, only making slight alterations since. Each shape represents one of its three primary products—auto, home, and life insurance.
It’s hard not to turn on your TV and hear State Farm’s signature jingle: “Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there.” This jingle, which is still on commercials today, was written in 1971 by Barry Manilow, a singer-songwriter. The company has embraced a culture of acting like a good neighbor to its customers. To them, this means placing a strong emphasis on friendliness, trust, and value.
State Farm has excellent customer service ratings across the board. This includes scores from well-known organizations such as A.M. Best, S&P Global, the Better Business Bureau, and more.
Here are up-to-date State Farm customer satisfaction ratings:
- A.M. Best Rating: A++ (Superior)
- Better Business Bureau: A+
- S&P Global: AA
- NAIC Complaint Index: 1.18
J.D. Power conducts an annual study on the best auto, home, and renters insurance companies. It rates each company on a scale of 1,000 points. The auto insurance study is broken up into four of the largest states and seven regions. Meanwhile, the homeowners and renters studies are based on satisfaction for the entire country.
State Farm consistently ranked in the top ten in each state and region in J.D. Power’s 2022 auto insurance study, with an average score of 842. It placed fourth in the national home insurance study with a rating of 835. It also had particularly high marks with renters product, coming in at second place in the country with a score of 866.
State Farm makes filing claims easy. You can file either online, with the app, or over the phone. However, they recommend filing online or on the app for the quickest, smoothest, and most useful claim experience.
The following are some useful links if you need to file a claim:
State Farm claims hotline:
Auto/home/property claims: (800) 732-5246
Auto glass claims: (888) 624-4410
State Farm offers three mobile apps you can download to streamline or supplement your insurance process:
The State Farm Mobile App
State Farm’s official mobile app allows you to manage your insurance all in one place. You can file and track claims, get your insurance ID card, get roadside assistance, get quotes, and upload photos and/or documents. The app also gives you easy access to your agent.
Drive Safe & Save
To join the Drive Safe & Save program, you must first download and install this app. Once you’re set up in this State Farm safe driving program and have the app set up, you can earn a discount of up to 30% on your auto insurance. It uses Bluetooth technology to track several detals about your driving, such as braking, how fast you drive, driving distracted, and more. The safest drivers save the most.
The State Farm Steer Clear app is for young drivers who want to get a discount on their car insurance for safe driving. To get a discount using this app, you must:
- Have a driver’s license
- Be under 25 years old
- Have no at-fault accidents or traffic tickets in the last three years
- Complete a safe driving program and get a certification